Re: Programmers Guide to Working From Home Successfully

Nicholas
Helper

Have a separate space as much as possible. A separate office is ideal, but even if you don’t, just allocate a space you can leave at the end of the day. Mentally, it helps me to disconnect. Close the door, I’m done with work.

BitCoinKasi_com
Regular Visitor

Use Skype to collaborate with collegues.

shahpriyanka90
Regular Visitor

I have setup desk similar to my office desk. For e.g. I have small office plant, Visa soccer ball, Frozen 2 Elsa figure, etc at my home desk along with Monitor, keyboard and mouse. Also, I have setup desk close to window so that I get lots of natural light. These things give me office vibes and keep me positive to work from home.

kayepay
Regular Visitor

Where you work matters. Even when you don’t head to a separate building for work, it should feel like a separate space.

jove
Regular Visitor

A silly one but in the morning I’ve started to bring a “tray” like a fancy cafeteria tray into my office and on my desk. It has — coffee, a big jug of water that i have to drink before noon, and breakfast (usually fruit or oatmeal). It’s a nice ritual that sets the tone for the morning. Then once the tray is all empty (gross from old banana peel sitting there all morning) it makes me get up and go and figure out lunch, or just leave the tray in the office.

Hark
Helper

Well since the lock down in our area it's not been easy but I've revoted my self to doing my older projects ,keeping busy antill lock down lift
jove
Regular Visitor

Is someone else still waiting for the WFH SWAG or it was only me excluded 🙄🙄

JayKaye
Regular Visitor

not only you 😂😂🤣🤣

taako
Regular Visitor

😂

Hark
Helper

I believe it's the pandemic issues that I guess has delayed most things. Otherwise let's keep home stay safe hopefully they are working on them