Difference with X-Pay-Token for Visa Checkout

rjcombs4
Regular Visitor

Difference with X-Pay-Token for Visa Checkout

What are the details in the x-pay-token for Visa Checkout?

In the Getting Started guide it shows the exact details on how to generate the x-pay-token. It also has the following note:

Note: The x-pay-token used by Visa Checkout is slightly different than the x-pay-token described in this section. For more information, refer to API Key – Shared Secret (x-pay-token) for Visa Checkout.

While on API Key – Shared Secret (x-pay-token) for Visa Checkout, it gives a high-level overview on the calculation fo the x-pay-token. I'm able to succesfully use the test app located at API Reference - Get Payment Data but I get 401s in the c# sample project and in SoapUI, following the instructions on the Getting Started page.

• For Visa Checkout, does the token only start with x: or is it xv2:?
  • Is the shared secret apart of the message that gets hashed?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Re: Difference with X-Pay-Token for Visa Checkout

Hi @rjcombs4

We have an expert team that manages questions specific to this product. Please submit this inquiry to Developer@visa.com and someone will connect you to the expert team soon after.

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
rjcombs4
Regular Visitor

-Update-

I was able to get the sample C# code from the developer portal to work by modifying a few pieces.

Some of the differences that i found/remember:

• The HASH is no longer calculated by supplying the shared secret, its in the data being hashed
  • The token starts with x: not xv2:
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi @rjcombs4

Thank you for the update and please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.