Re: consistently getting 403 while following hello world on SoapUI

deb

consistently getting 403 while following hello world on SoapUI

Hi,

I am following 'Getting Started guide' and trying 'helloworld' soapUi tutorial using Shared Key mechanism.

I have created an app in my acc and got keys. My URL is 

http://sandbox.api.visa.com/vdp/helloworld?apikey="my api key"

I have replaced the Shared Key and API Key in groovy script and this is response I am getting

{
"status": 403,
"reason": "AUTHENTICATION_ERROR",
"message": "Access Denied. Please consult the VDP documentation for providing your App with the proper auth credentials for the APIs being accessed."
}

15 REPLIES 15
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Deb, 

Sorry to hear that!

This is most likely a username/password validation problem, so first double check that you entered the username and password correctly (and there are no extra spaces, etc.) Then send us the raw request (the one that includes all HTTP headers), you can access it by clicking ‘RAW’ tab in SOAPUI). 

Let me know how else I can help. 

Thank you,

Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Thomas
Regular Visitor

Where you able to fix it i am getting the same error

{
  "status": 403,
  "reason": "AUTHENTICATION_ERROR",
  "message": "Access Denied.  Please consult the VDP documentation for providing your App with the proper auth credentials for the APIs being accessed."
}  

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Thomas, 

This message is likely a username/password validation problem, so first double check that you entered it correctly. 

Then send us the raw request (the one that includes all HTTP headers), you can access it by clicking ‘RAW’ tab in SOAPUI). 

Send it over to visadeveloper@visa.com and we can help you further. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Thank you, 

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
josef
Regular Visitor

Ricardo,

I can't seem to create a new post, the button doesn't work so I am posting here. I am getting an error when using the Notification Enquiry API.

I receive the response: 

{
    "message": "Property Sort Key is not valid!"
}

I have successful made a call to the helloworld API end-point. But when I use the following values for the api call it doesn't work.

'serviceID' => $serviceID,
    'communityCode' => $communityCode,
    'customerId' => $customerID,

'contactValue' => 'email@domain.com',
    'last4' => '1234',

'notificationType' => 'System',

'offset' => 1,
    'limit' => 20,

'sortKey' => "desc",
    'sortOrder' => "desc",

Thomas
Regular Visitor

Dear 

URL:https://sandbox.api.visa.com/visadirect/fundstransfer/v1/pullfundstransactions<br><br>Error: "unable to set private key file: '***********************************************' type PEM" -

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi @Thomas,

A couple of notes related to certificates: certificates are required to establish a two-way SSL connection. You will need a root certificate (VICA-SBX.pem), your application certificate (cert.pem), and also your private key.

The private key gets created when you generate your CSR, or you can download the private key from the Visa Developer website, if you chose "create a CSR for me" option, while creating your Visa Developer App.

Once you have all three files in your local directory, you will need to combine them into a key store. You can decide whether to use java key store (JKS) or PKCS (P12) key store, depending on what your development environment requires.

There are sections in “getting started” ->“Using two-way SSL” (https://beta.developer.visa.com/vdpguide#twowayssl), that describe how to create each type of key store, please follow those steps.

Note, that the root certificate is not needed for a P12 file, you can create a P12 file out of two files: private key and cert.pem.

Hope this helps! 

-Ricardo

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hey @josef, 

I am working to get you an answer, if you want to reach me directly feel free to email me at visadeveloper@visa.com. 

Otherwise, if any other questions come up post them on here and I'll get them answered!

Thanks, 

Ricardo

erichui
Regular Visitor

I am getting the same issue as @josef with the Notification Inquiry API 

with the response 

{
    "message": "Property Sort Key is not valid!"
}

@Ricardo Just wondering if you end up finding out the reasons? I have sent some emails for help with the VISA API to visadeveloper@visa.com

Many thanks.

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Eric,

Can you send me the raw request - the complete request payload together with all corresponding HTTP headers?

Thanks!

Ricardo