Re: Prepaid BIN ranges

Solved! Go to solution
MikeyB
Helper

Prepaid BIN ranges

One of the features of my development work is to take offline payments.  There are a few methods to reduce fraud and bad payments, one that I want to implement next is to reject prepaid cards.

Can I be supplied with the BIN ranges for prepaid as they are today?  I have no chance to update this feature for 12 months so a daily subscription is not needed.  There is a certain level of fraud related risk I will have to accept.

Many thanks,

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @MikeyB

I am working on your request and will get back to you soon. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @MikeyB

Can you please let me know which API you are referring to? 

Based on the information you have provided below, it is not clear on which API you are trying to connect. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
MikeyB
Helper

Thank you for the response.  It is offline handling so I need to be able to decline Pre-paid cards before hitting any API. 

Does that help?

Thanks,

Mike

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @MikeyB

Based on the short description you provided i am not able to provide you information on which API you can use. Can you please provide a detailed business use case on what do you plan to do with our APIs.

Thank you, 

Vaibhav

MikeyB
Helper

Hi Vaibhav,

I just need a list of pre-paid card BINs for static use. 

Nothing to do with an API.

Can VISA provide a csv file of these?

Thanks,

Mike

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @MikeyB,

Visa does not provide BINs. Please contact the Issuers who can provide you such information. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav

MikeyB
Helper

Hi again,

Do you have a list of VISA Issuers?

Thanks,

Mike