Re: Price?

shaker
Regular Visitor

Price?

Hi friends,

Is there a cost to using the API? We need to prototype something quickly, and we cannot move forward without knowing if the cost will be too high.

Thanks,

Shaker

12 REPLIES 12
VisaSteveB
Community Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry to Visa Developer.  Because we are an open platform, there is no cost to you to develop or prototype your application with any API in the sandbox.

When ready to transition to production use of the APIs, fees are assessed for each API used by the application.  Fees are evaluated by application and are a function of many elements, including: the nature of the application, the application's use of data returned by the API, and your relationship with any existing Visa partner(s) such as financial institutions.

Visa treats production applications on a case by case basis, and works with you to determine appropriate pricing.

shaker
Regular Visitor

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. Before prototyping, we need to know if production usage will be cost-prohibitive. We're looking to make a decision on this ASAP.

Is there someone I can get on the phone for 10 minutes?

Regards,

Shaker

VISA_Interes

+1 on the previous reply.  Before implementing a solution, we want to know if it is more expensive than what others are providing. First rule of economics.

VISA should know better... Where is the incentive? You are offering the same solutions as my bank and the same security. 

And I have been trying to contact someone directly and there is no phone number on your website. The contact form is broken btw. For a company like VISA this service looks like it needs some love.

Sorry for the harsh comments but it is my perception.

brandn30

Has anyone recieved updates/answers to your inquiries regarding price?  Looking for similar data.

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Brandn and others, 

When you are ready to transition to production use of the APIs, there are fees for each of the APIs that are used.  We treat production applications on a case by case basis and work with you to determine appropriate pricing -  make sense? 

If anyone has any information regarding your app that you don't want to post, feel free to email me at visadeveloper@visa.com

Cheers, 

Ricardo 

VDP Community Manager

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
IrishGringo

Not a real nice response...  your saying that youll tell us the cost after you let us burn time building it?  Thats a big deal breaker for me.  I need a cost schedule.

Yuv

That's true.

I was about to start a project and there are many payment processors that are available, but i was thinking of dealing dierctly with VISA and would want to know the pricing before going forward.

Atleast you could provide us with some examples of application and their costs which can help us. 

Example: Buy and Sell website, fees for api ABC = $x.xx

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hey guys, 

Totally understand, we don't want you guys wasting any time either. 

Please email us at developer@visa.com and we can get a cost schedule for you.  How does that sound?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Morgan951
Helper

Look at the benefits level. Visa cards basically come in 3 tiers: Basic, Signature or Infinite. Each has benefits that accumulate – so the Signature and Infinite cards have the Basic features and then some. Look at the card issuer’s benefits. For example, while you can’t get Lost Luggage Reimbursement a Visa Signature, you might be able to get them through the card’s issuer. Review the rewards. When looking at Visa cards, take a look at the rewards offered by the card issuer, such as sign-up bonuses and ongoing purchase rewards. Study the annual fee. The card issuer may impose an annual fee, but it might be worth your while, depending on which Visa tier it has and what rewards the issuer offers.