VisaCheckout SDK for iOS conflict with GoogleAnalytics in app

AK
Regular Visitor

VisaCheckout SDK for iOS conflict with GoogleAnalytics in app

Hello.
I am integrating Visa Checkout iOS library into our app, and have following problem. Visa Checkout crashes every time I open screen with VisaCheckoutButton. It also crashes on each invokeVisaCheckout call. I have made some experiments with our app and found that problem is in GoogleAnalytics library both app and VisaCheckoutFramework are using.
When I disable this line in code:
[[GAI sharedInstance] trackerWithTrackingId:@"GA-XXXXXXXXXX"];
crash is not happening.  

To make clear experiment I added this line to the application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: method of AppDelegate class in your sample project and was able to reproduce this crash again.
We have very deep integration with Google Analytics in our app, we can’t disable. Please advice how can we use both GA and VisaCheckout framework in one app.

3 REPLIES 3
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: VisaCheckout SDK for iOS conflict with GoogleAnalytics in app

Hey AK,

I'm working on getting you a response here - thank you for your patience!

-Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Rodrigo
Regular Visitor

Hi!

We are also having the same issues with the app crashing due to Google Analytics. We too have a very deep integration with with GA and cannot disable it.

We are looking forward for a solution to this.

Thanks

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hey guys, 

Aplogies for the delay here. We are working to fix this issue very soon. In the meantime, I can connect you with someone directly on the Visa Checkout team. 

I will follow-up to your email directly. 

Thank you for your patience. 

-Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.