Before I get started - Can we talk to an expert at Visa

Solved! Go to solution
arwaakatungu
Regular Visitor

Before I get started - Can we talk to an expert at Visa

We are thinking about using the Visa API to extend the capabilities of our first growing mobile payments app. We also already have a potential Bank to sponsor us in production. However, before we commit time and write any code we were wondering if its possible to speak to an expert to (i) Review our solution and advise , especially on compliance issues (ii) Advise on the non technical proccesses , especially going live in our region/country. Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Re: Before I get started - Can we talk to an expert at Visa

Hello @arwaakatungu

Could you please provide me your detailed use case on what you plan to do with our APIs so i can assist you accordingly. 

Please check our website for specific APIs relevant to your business case  

https://developer.visa.com/  

https://developer.visa.com/apibrowser  

If there is an API that fits your needs and you have some additional questions, please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
arwaakatungu
Regular Visitor

Hello 

Thank you for your reply. We would like to use the Visa Direct API but in a closed loop scenario. Together with our sponsoring bank we shall issue co-branded Prepaid Visa Cards to our customers. The functionality we require is below 

#

Function

Description

Get Balance

Get balance on users Prepaid Acccount

Credit

Deposit funds onto users Prepaid Account 

Debit

Remove funds from the wallet e.g. to Buy Airtime, Buy Tickets, Shop online etc

Transfer

Transfer funds from one Xente Account holder to another Xente Account holder (Closed loop)

Notifications

Get notifications when users account is debited or credited 

Looking at the API, it has all the functionality other than Get Balance. Again, we are only interested in having this functionality with cards we issue. 
Please advise what we need to do to make this happen 

On another note, do you have functionality for issuing Virtual Prepaid Cards 

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @arwaakatungu

Please review the Visa Direct documentation via this link - https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_direct/docs 

In particular, see the top few paragraphs that are shaded that discuss the requirements to use Visa Direct. 

After having read the documentation, if you meet those requirements, then please click through the link in those paragraphs to the Visa Direct Program Implementation Questionnaire, fill it out, and submit to the email address listed on that form. Once you submit the questionnaire then the Visa Direct team will follow up with an update. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.