Using Transaction API for Alert in CAMS

Kamal
Regular Visitor

Using Transaction API for Alert in CAMS

Hi, 

I am new to the visa developer program. I need to get Active CAMS Alerts into my program. My application is in .net MVC. While going to through API reference, looks like I could use Transaction API in  Visa Risk Manager. If you could help me to get started, any steps that I need to get reference to API, are there any prerequisites and is there any sample code that I can refer to it. 

Thanks,

Kamal

3 REPLIES 3
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: Using Transaction API for Alert in CAMS

Hi Kamal,

Very happy to help here and glad to see you have narrowed down your search!

When you are ready, go to the product page and select "Create Test App"

Once you are in your dashboard, Create a New Application. Once you select your API you can start testing the application and when you are ready request for production.

Here is alink to our Getting Started Guide: https://developer.visa.com/guides/vdpguide#get-started-overview

Does this help?

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Kamal
Regular Visitor

Thanks Ricardo for the steps and help. I have created an app and dowloaded sample code for transaction api.

Next step is how to get Active CAMS Alerts and then iterate through all those Alerts to get  details of each alert. Is it doable through API. Currently we are using Visa Risk Manager and manually checking alerts and seleting each alert and copying details of each alert and then throwing into a parser that sends alert details to database. The goal is to use API so that it can directly saved to database.

Any help is apprecited.

Thanks,

Kamal

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Kamal,

Are you part of an issuer? This API is limited to issuers only at the moment. 

Thank you,

Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.