What is community code?

aug2uag
Helper

What is community code?

Hi, I'm just starting out with the API. Thanks for the excellent resources and documentation.

I noticed that the attribute `communitCode` is critical to some of the API, yet I've been unable to locate a resource explaining what it is and/or how it can be retrieved.

Are they hard coded values respective to types of services or financial institutions? I don't even know if the code is a fixed or dynamic value, and what precisely the code relates to.

4 REPLIES 4
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: What is community code?

Hi Aug, 

Which API are you referring to?

Thank you,

Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
aug2uag
Helper

Hi Ricardo,

I'm looking to get real-time transaction information with VTA. Would this be possible without being the issuer, and how to get/set community code?
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Aug,

You can use the API in Sandbox, but in order to go into production VTA is only available for Visa Issuers. 

-Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
aug2uag
Helper

Thanks for your response. I'm trying to gateway services for my client who is a merchant, and will be servicing merchants. There's an authorization process between other merchants and customers, and it's desired to acquire the authorized customer-merchant transaction in real-time. 

Would you suggest your merchant-to-merchant services and/or API or would you suggest for my client to be an issuer?