Re: Network ID and Sharing Group Code | How to use

Ajwah
Helper

Network ID and Sharing Group Code | How to use

https://developer.visa.com/request_response_codes#network_id_and_sharing_group_code

Here is the description at: https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_direct/reference#visa_direct__funds_transfer__v1__pullf...

sharingGroupCode

Optional

string | Length: 30

This field is optionally used by Push Payments Gateway participants (merchants and acquirers) to specify the network access priority.

Refer to Sharing Group Code

Note:
Supported only in US for domestic transactions involving Push Payments Gateway Service.

QUESTIONS:

Why is it of length 30 whereas it is only like one letter long?

Is the formatting of the documentation messed up or so? When you look at the row:

Pulse0009
S
L
H

is the sharing group code I need to send for Pulse "S L H", or can I choose any of the three letters? If the latter, then how do I choose one letter over the other?

Why are certain fields bolded?

5 REPLIES 5
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi Ajwah, 

Thank you for your post. I am currerntly reviewing your inquiry. I will get back to you soon. 

Thanks, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi Ajwah, 

Thank you for your patience. The question you have asked above is all about formatting data. As per the product team they do not see the need to amend the documentation in API technical reference (e.g. though 1 character is required, field length of 30 is no harm reserved for future use). The sharing group code is left-justified and can contain up to 30 network designators. All remaining positions to the right of the code must be filled with spaces ni the valid values section. Please see the attached network ID codes. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Ajwah
Helper

Hi @vkamboj,

Thank you for the clarrification, that was very helpful.

I have looked at the JPG and that clarrified things for me.

I would like to pursue three follow up questions on this:

1. There is a disjunct between the API documentation that states the length of the field is 30 characters long whereas the VISA API Sandbox is not constrained accordingly. You are able to submit 1 character and it will accept that. So I believe there is either a need to update the documentation to change the length of the field to varying, between 1-30 characters or either there is a need for the VISA API Sandbox to be updated to reflect the constraint of exactly 30 characters, right padded with spaces as need be.
  2. If I wanted to utililze three different networks, say, CU24, Accel, and NYCE would I specify: "C E F                         " or would I specify "CEF                           "? And in what order would these networks be utilized, I assume from left to right?
  3. If I wanted to send through Pulse, I have three letters, S, L and H. How and why would I choose one letter over the other? Where can I find the information about the differences between S,L and H for instance?
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi Ajwah, 

I am reviewing your inquiry. I will get back to you soon. 

Thanks, 

Vaibhav

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi Ajwah, 

Thank you for your patience. Please see my response below:

1. There is a disjunct between the API documentation that states the length of the field is 30 characters long whereas the VISA API Sandbox is not constrained accordingly. You are able to submit 1 character and it will accept that. So I believe there is either a need to update the documentation to change the length of the field to varying, between 1-30 characters or either there is a need for the VISA API Sandbox to be updated to reflect the constraint of exactly 30 characters, right padded with spaces as need be.

Please refer to the example if the answer to question 2 "VGK"

2. If I wanted to utililze three different networks, say, CU24, Accel, and NYCE would I specify: "C E F                         " or would I specify "CEF                           "? And in what order would these networks be utilized, I assume from left to right?

One printable character indicates each network available at the merchant location. The sequence of characters appearing in the character string indicates the network priority. EXAMPLE Setting the sharing groups to VGQ followed by 27 spaces means the merchant's desired network access priority is set to VisaNet, Interlink, and Star.

3. If I wanted to send through Pulse, I have three letters, S, L and H. How and why would I choose one letter over the other? Where can I find the information about the differences between S,L and H for instance?

As mentioned in the answer to question 2, the priority is specified from left to right

Thank you, 

Vaibhav