Re: newUser flag is not returned in response

Solved! Go to solution
naveenkrsh
Regular Visitor

newUser flag is not returned in response

Whenever user enrollment for VCO sandbox account, the newUser flag is not returned in response.  Instead it returns visaCheckoutGuest as true. How to identify the new user & existing user?

{"advice":"UNAVAILABLE","score":0,"avsResponseCode":"0","cvvResponseCode":"0"},"visaCh

eckoutGuest":true}

6 REPLIES 6
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi naveenjrsh, 

I am looking into this for you and will get back shortly. 

Thank you,

Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi naveenkrsh,

New payload field has been introduced – newUser. Possible value is ‘true’. As part of this feature, when a consumer enrolls via the checkout flow, they will now receive a new field in the payload as an indicator - 'newUser'. The value will be 'true' for new enrollments only and the field would be sent out in the payload only for new enrollments (newUser: true). This new field would not be sent out for guest checkouts and would not be sent out for returning users (users that have not enrolled during the checkout session).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
naveenkrsh
Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot Ricardo.
naveenkrsh
Regular Visitor

Hi,

newUser:true field is not returned in decrypted payload response.

PFA response for your reference.

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there,

Looks like you have not added the "newUser" field into their code when submitting the request through the API call. The "newUser" field needs to be in the code in order to receive that field back in the payload data reply, if this is a new enrollment for the customer in the Visa checkout flow.

Let me know,

Ricardo

naveenkrsh
Regular Visitor

Hi Ric,

Where should I add the newUser flag? Do I have to add in V.init request or payload data? 

Please let us know.