What do you want to know about the payments ecosystem?

Solved! Go to solution
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

What do you want to know about the payments ecosystem?

Hey Visa Dev Community! 

Visa is helping organize the next PaymentsEd Forum and we want to host sessions you would be excited about. As a payments dev, what topics would interest you? What kind of sessions would help you understand payments better?

Comment below.

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
5 REPLIES 5
DeanSkiBum
Regular Visitor

Re: What do you want to know about the payments ecosystem?

Privacy concerns current and future
chrszafr
Regular Visitor

Hi Ricardo,

I would like to know: 

ACH (Automated Clearing House) and regular EFT wire transfers have been prominent in the market for sending and recieving B2B payments. Though reliable and proven, they are relatively slow. What other market characteristics are driving the push to RTP (Real Time Payments)? How will this change effect the payments ecosystem and what new technologies can we hope to see in retail and digital markets such as Netflix?

Regards,

Chris 

tejaswiv
Regular Visitor

Hi Ricardo

Below are some topics that would interest me

• Tokenization -
    • How does digital tokens work? 
    • How is it more secure?
    • Different types of tokenization?
  • Exisiting landscape and future of Blockchain based tokens
  • IOT based payments - Supporting platforms, SDKs etc

-Tejaswi

nasheikh
Regular Visitor

Hi Ricardo,

How safe is my card when i add to any subscription based account ? VTS API takes care of this

Do i need to notify merchant (for Card on File scenario) if my card expires? Visa Account Update API helps here actually.

Thanks,

Nawaz

Shaina

Hi Ricardo,

I want to learn more about: 

- What are ways to authenticate and combat fraud as we move further to digital? (ie biometrics, analyzing customer data patterns)

- How do people pay/conduct business around the world? (ie.  QR codes in Asia)

• One example could be a session on contactless payments and feature a use case of a specific country -- ie how ubiquituous mobile wallets are in Hong Kong 

- What are some new upcoming innovations in payments we can expect to see and how do they work?

Thanks,

Shaina