Visa Developer Community

Regular Visitor

Where do I get IAT number, ICA number and ID bank for a regular Visa debit card

What are the fields  ICA number, IAT number and ID bank requested for a visa card? How can I get these - are they available for any visa debit card issued for a company or do i need a merchant account of some sort, or a POS machine or something? If they are available for any visa debit card, where do I get them from the issuing bank or myself from visa net website? Can you please help with some details and instructions? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Visa Dev Moderator

Re: Where do I get IAT number, ICA number and ID bank for a regular Visa debit card

Hi @gabic83,

Can you please let me know who is requesting the IAT, ICA, and ID bank number from you? Please reach out to the person who is requesting this information from you to ask for the significance of these numbers. The IAT/ICA number is not directly related to the Visa Developer Portal, therefore, I will not be able to comment directly on how you will get the IAT/ICA number. 

To provide you with further assistance, please send an email to developer@visa.com.

Thanks,
Diana

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Where do I get IAT number, ICA number and ID bank for a regular Visa debit card

Hello Diana,

Many thanks for your reply! The information was requested by a payer that intends to send increments of payments from a letter of credit for some raw materials. We are a trading company based in Europe. To be frank, we never used IAT/ICA numbers before and we are doing export business since 2011, it is the first time we are required which is why I ask. My bank doesn't know anything about it. But the company who requested these details is very legit, they are our partners for more than 4 years. Do these codes represent a risk of some sort, or are unusual to be asked for? I'd like to know more, thank you again Diana.

Visa Dev Moderator

Hi @gabic83,

Since this is not related to VDP, I will not be able to comment on how you get the IAT/ICA numbers. However, if you email developer@visa.com, someone will work with you to find a Visa representative that can help address your questions.           

Thanks,
Diana