Re: SearchMerchantBy Attribute sometimes gives "This fault was created by ProvideFault"

Crystal
Regular Visitor

SearchMerchantBy Attribute sometimes gives "This fault was created by ProvideFault"

Hi 

I'm using "SearchMerchantByAttribute" service in .net to Onboard the merchant as thats the first step to get merchant detail to onbord them. 

Sometimes the service return the result and sometimes it gives me error "This fault was created by Provider Fault" using the same data. Does anybody encountered this error before and what's the work around to prevent this exception.

Any help would be aappreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: SearchMerchantBy Attribute sometimes gives "This fault was created by ProvideFault"

Hi Crystal,

Confirming you are using the Visa Offers Platform - Merchant API here?

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Crystal
Regular Visitor

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Great, thank you.

Can you share a screenshot of your request?

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Crystal
Regular Visitor

I am attaching the screen shot of when the exception is thrown, but the code is written across mutilple classes, it's not all in 1 class so screenshot won't be helpful.

Bult just to give you idea

webSvc = Adapters.BaseAdapter.GetClient();

takes care of the certificate to make the call, and

oRes = webSvc.SearchMerchantDetailsByAttribute(oReq);  

is where the call to the service happens where oReq has

communitycode = "QAPAYFORWARDCG"

merchantname = "starbucks"

merchantpostalcode = 91355

Crystal
Regular Visitor

I'm attaching a SoapUI screenshot also for your reference so you can see the service call and result.

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there, 

The request should not be SOAP but in REST - VOP APIs doesn't support SOAP Calls.

In addition, can you send me your correlation id 1 passed and 1 failed scenario?

Thank you,

Ricardo

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Crystal,

Checking in, did you need any further help?

-Ricardo