Re: Best practice for using test data in sandbox mode

ibussieres
Regular Visitor

Best practice for using test data in sandbox mode

Hello !

I am currently testing out the VISA direct API for P2P fund transfers. For testing, I'm using the Mac Insomnia App (very similar to Postman) My first API calls are going through and the steps to get Two-way SSL and everything were super straightforward and well documented. 

However, how can I actually acknowledge that my tests are working? For example, how can I see that a funds transfer debited the amount from Test User A and credited it to Test User B? The test data section of my Sandbox app seems to have static data that does not change/evolve during my tests.

Thanks,

-- Ian. 

2 REPLIES 2
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hey @ibussieres  - have you checked out the Visa Direct Cheat Sheet: https://community.developer.visa.com/t5/Developer-Tools/Cheat-Sheet-w-Sample-Code-Run-a-Visa-Direct-...

It also has the recording of a recent webinar showing you the steps for running a Visa Direct Transaction: https://community.developer.visa.com/t5/Webinars/Run-a-Visa-Direct-Transaction-Using-Python-in-1-hr-...

Check these out and let me know if you'd like further help. 

Thanks! 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ibussieres
Regular Visitor

Hello Ricardo,

Yes, I had seen that already. And actually, I've got that part replicated pretty well already. What I can't seem to find, is where I can actually see the changes to a sandbox dataset. For example, if I Pull 20$ from credit card "1111222233334444" and Push that 20$ to credit card "4444333322221111", how can I tell my test worked in the sandbox data ? The data I see does not seem to change with my tests. 

In other words: I would like to make another API call and see the transaction history, including the transactions I have made while testing.

Thanks

Ian.