Re: Matching AFTs and OCTs

Solved! Go to solution
stosh
Helper

Matching AFTs and OCTs

When using the Visa Direct API's, Is is possible to use a single AFT to fund multiple OCTs?

In this case the transactionIdentifier of the original AFT would be used in the request for each of the OCTs.

I have been working in the testing environement and it appears to work there, but most documentation on the site makes it sounds like each OCT must be paired to a single AFT.  So I am worried that this may not work in a production environment.

My question is, is is possible to use a single AFT to fund mutliple OCTs in production?

6 REPLIES 6
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there, 

Yes, there is a seperate call for multiple AFT. 

Check it: https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_direct/reference#visa_direct__funds_transfer__v1__multi...

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
stosh
Helper

Thanks for the response.

But I was meaning more from an operational Standpoint.

I would like to create one AFT and then several OCT's but use the same transactionIdentifier (from the original AFT) in the request of each of the OCT's.

My question is that does the Visa Direct system suppport that? It seems to in the sandbox but I just wanted to confirm that it will be supported in production.

My issue is not with actually sending the request to Visa for the multiple OCT's.

marty
Community Moderator

Hi - yes, it is possible to use a single AFT to fund multiple OCTs. Our best practices recommend that originators should provide the same transaction id (between the AFT and an OCT), but remember the same transaction id cannot be used in multiple OCTs. So you would have to submit the OCTs without a tran id and let Visa assign this value.  

Question for you - why are you doing one AFT and multiple OCTs? Are you building a masspay or split pay use case?

Thanks

mdent

stosh
Helper

Thanks for the answer. That is exactly what I was looking for.

And to answer your question, yes we are looking to implment a masspay system and wanted to understand possible flows to facilitate this.

This bring up another question as well.

In the case of multiple AFT's being made to different cards, and then the combined amount being used to fund a single OCT. Can we do that by creating multiple AFT's and then leaving the transaction id blank in the corresponding OCT?

marty
Community Moderator

Yes, that will work!

Cheers

mdent

stosh
Helper

That's great, Thanks!