Question related to merchant codes industry specific. My company is in the reimbursement business for consumers. What are the capabilities to get merchant codes for a specific industry to build a customized network for a consumer whereas a rewards card can only be used at specific providers or retailers? Any insight would be appreciated.
Merchant Category Groups supplied by Visa indicate the primary type of trade conducted by a merchant, similar in concept to standard industry marketing clusters. MCG is used By Visa Transaction Alerts to indicate that a transaction comes from a merchant of this type.
Merchant Measurement provides insight into how well your merchant portfolios perform, by tracking sales metrics at multiple industry and geographic levels. You are also able to compare performance against many Visa card accepting locations. For example, by using an aggregated and deidentified transaction dataset, you can compare sales growth and chargeback performance.
Merchants & Merchant Servicers*
* Assess how your store growth compares to industry growth in your trade area.
* Evaluate new store locations using card-spend growth data.
* Determine competitive e-commerce spend in your industry.
* Determine where your primary cardholders spend--locally, regionally and internationally.
* Benchmark the success of your chargeback handling against your competitive set.
* Integrate data into solutions which are developed specifically for the payments industry.
* Enhance industry research with spend data.
For additional information about MCC codes, you can also refer to this community forum post: https://community.developer.visa.com/t5/Visa-Developer-Capabilities/VTC-Definition-of-merchant-contr...
Here are some additional links that would be helpful for MCC Codes.
For information related to MCC codes, please navigate to this link about Supplier Locator
Visa Merchant Data Standards Manual
I was also looking for the solution of the same issue. Actually I am a small business owner and recently started Visa services.
Thanks for clearing my doubts.
It is probably due to improper includes in the calling method. On my website, Kroger I tried this whenever a customer fills a feedback form they have to donate a certain amount and it was having the same issue but now it's sorted.