Re: Visa Offer Platform - Offers and Transactions

Solved! Go to solution
Paul
Helper

Visa Offer Platform - Offers and Transactions

Hi All,

We are doing a PoC piece of work to investigate the capabilities of the The Visa Offers Platform (VOP).

The VOP provides both auth and settlement transactions to enrolled users with a saved payment card and a merchant on-boarded. 

My question is:

1. Does an offer need to be created to receive Auth and/or Settlement transactions or will we just receive these without creating an offer?

NOTE: I am not talking about Transactions endpoints in the Users API, I am talking about callback endpoints clients create to receive auth and settlement data.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Paul

When enrollment is complete, the VOP will monitor transactions on the enrolled card. Every time a customer transacts using the enrolled card, VOP will check if that transaction is eligible to receive a promotional offer. If a qualifying transaction is detected, VOP will inform clients through a callback mechanism and provide all the required details about the transaction. The customer can then take action based on the notification.

The VOP Client can choose any method to provide benefits to its customers. For example, they can be offered points or provided with a statement credit. 

VOP is a restricted API and if you need additional information, you will have to submit an access request. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Paul
Helper

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your reply. 

In our use case, we just want to see the payment card transactions of the enrolled users every time the payment card is used at an on-boarded merchant. We are not concerned with offers.

You response sounds very much like we have to create an offer to see transactions, is that the case?

Thanks,

Paul

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Paul

Visa Offers Platform API is an offers and benefits. This API allows you to customize benefits. 

If you want to see the payment card transactions of the enrolled users every time the payment card is used at an on-boarded merchant. Visa Transaction Control Notification callback would be a good fit. Every time when a enrolled card is used an instant notification is received. 

https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/vctc

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Paul
Helper

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply.

We will look at the VTC as well in our PoC.

My question about VOP still remains though. Do you need to set up an offer to receive transaction data?

Thanks,

Paul

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi @Paul

an offer always needs to be created to receive a transaction
but "offer" is in respect to VOP
not necessarily an "offer" to a cardholder
just an instruction set to VOP for the client

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Paul
Helper

That's brilliant Vaibhav, exactly what I needed to know.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Paul