Having a problem with the Hello World connection test using 2 way SSL

Solved! Go to solution
andre-kramer
Regular Visitor

Having a problem with the Hello World connection test using 2 way SSL

When testing the https://sandbox.api.visa.com/vdp/helloworld api, it works when it is run through SOUPUI version 5.7.

I get the expected response:

{
"timestamp": "2022-08-18T16:42:36",
"message": "helloworld"
}

However when I try to run it using the C# HelloWorld sample code downloaded from VISA I am getting an error:

The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Test project was created using .NET Framework 4.7.2.

I tried rebuilding the project using .NET Core 3.1 and I get this error:

The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. The credentials supplied to the package were not recognized

I have done everything I can to make sure I am using the same credentials between both the sample project and SOUPUI.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
jenn_kh
Community Moderator

Re: Having a problem with the Hello World connection test using 2 way SSL

Thank you for reaching out, @andre-kramer! An agent will get back to you as soon as possible. If anyone else has any ideas that may help, feel free to share them here. -Jenn

andre-kramer
Regular Visitor

I found the answer that worked for me.

Solved: .NET Core 3.1: The credentials supplied to the pac... - Visa Developer Community

The response from bsticker suggests using a slightly different command in openssl to create the p12 certificate:

openssl pkcs12 -export -in cert.pem -inkey "privateKey.pem" -out myProject_keyAndCertBundle.p12

SuzanBryant
Dabbler

Thanks for the link.

Thank you for the details. I'm employed in the business sector. However, I wish to shift jobs and work for a respectable organisation. But first, I want to create the finest resume possible. Then, after hearing from a friend about professional cv writer uk, I used their assistance to have my resume professionally created.