Visa checkout flow of transaction

Ayoub
Regular Visitor

Visa checkout flow of transaction

Hi 

We are an ecommerce shop and we want to process our payments using VisaCheckout. After read the documentation I understood that I can use the REST API to process payments.At this point I have some questions:

Is there any documentation that explans the flow of the transaction, once the user select to pay our product using VisaCheckout? Client and server side transaction exchange?

In which place I can check the pricing for the transactions using the Visa Checkout Payments REST API?

Please could you clarify me about those questions? Or provide me the link to some documentation.

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
jvenkata
Community Moderator

Re: Visa checkout flow of transaction

Hi ,

Thanks for your inquiry on Visa Checkout.

Visa Checkout is a digital payment service designed to simplify a customer's checkout experience using a secure, single sign-on across channels and devices using a customer's preferred payment method.  When a Visa Checkout button is displayed on a site, visitors can complete their transactions with a user name and password.

Visa Checkout works with an ecommerce site's existing payment ecosystem and does not act as a Payment Gateway, Payment Processor, or Merchant Service Provider. Visa Checkout is not involved in the processing of transactions or funding of Merchant bank accounts.

Visa Checkout can be used by online merchants as well as foundations collecting donations but there must be an existing, functional Payment Gateway established through a Merchant Service Provider. Funds received via Visa Checkout are deposited into the account established with the Merchant Service Provider along with funds received through the sites standard checkout. Visa Checkout provides customer's with a faster checkout but requires the standard checkout process to function.

Please check the below link for details on Visa Checkout documentation ,regional availability and flow of transactions.

https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_checkout/docs-getting-started

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Jai

Ayoub
Regular Visitor

Re: Visa checkout flow of transaction

Thanks a lot @jevenkata for your answer, 

Here is the scenario of the transaction on my e-commerce site:

We are attached to a provider how manage all the offer on our products, the user does the shopping using our front-end service once we arrive to purchase form we establish a new connection to a PCI server of this provider to be able to pass the information about the credit card provided by the customer, and all the payment is done within our provider infrastructure, who is already connected to our payment gateway.

What i we need to do is, once the user sign-on using Visa checkout service we get the token provided by the Visa checkout and pass it to our provider to finalize the transaction. Do you see any issue with this flow? 

And my last question is, where can i find any diagram that explains the flow between an e-commerce site and Visa checkout API.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

Ayoub.