Visa Direct or Visa Checkout in Russia

s_belous
Regular Visitor

Visa Direct or Visa Checkout in Russia

Anyone knows, how can i get merchant status for Visa Checkout or Visa Direct if i'm located in Russia. Or maybe i can use another services (to process payments or provide some payments information). What law status should i had and whom i can take more information from?

1 REPLY 1
jvenkata
Community Moderator

Re: Visa Direct or Visa Checkout in Russia

Hi ,

For Visa DirectPlease review the Visa Direct documentation via this link - https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_direct/docs 

In order to use Visa Direct, all Visa Direct programs require the originator to be a licensed Visa acquirer or be sponsored by a licensed Visa acquirer who is ready and able to sponsor Visa Direct programs.  

In particular, see the top few paragraphs that are shaded that discuss the requirements to use Visa Direct. 

After having read the documentation, if you meet those requirements, then please click through the link in those paragraphs to the Visa Direct Program Implementation Questionnaire, fill it out, and submit to the email address listed on that form. 

Visa Checkout

Visa Checkout is a digital payment service designed to simplify a customer's checkout experience using a secure, single sign-on across channels and devices using a customer's preferred payment method.  When a Visa Checkout button is displayed on a site, visitors can complete their transactions with a user name and password.

Visa Checkout works with an ecommerce site's existing payment ecosystem and does not act as a Payment Gateway, Payment Processor, or Merchant Service Provider. Visa Checkout is not involved in the processing of transactions or funding of Merchant bank accounts.

Visa Checkout can be used by online merchants as well as foundations collecting donations but there must be an existing, functional Payment Gateway established through a Merchant Service Provider. Funds received via Visa Checkout are deposited into the account established with the Merchant Service Provider along with funds received through the sites standard checkout. Visa Checkout provides customer's with a faster checkout but requires the standard checkout process to function.

Please check the below link for details on Visa Checkout documentation and regional availability.

https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa_checkout/docs-getting-started

If you have any specific questions regarding your implementation, please share your use case to developer@visa,com.

Thanks,

Jai