About systemsTraceAuditNumber

Solved! Go to solution
AlexeyOrlenko
Helper

About systemsTraceAuditNumber

Hello
I'm working on integration with  "Funds Transfer API " and have a question about "systemsTraceAuditNumber". 
According to documentation it is

integer | positive, Length: 6

A unique value should be used for each API method where this is required.

As I see really It is not required from "systemsTraceAuditNumber" to be unique globally. At least when i submitted MultiPullPostTransactionPOST with 2 equal "systemsTraceAuditNumber" - it works well. Is it correct or it is just behaviour of sandbox and really this `id` should be unique in context of my application?

Really as I see `systemsTraceAuditNumber` make sense only in `MultiReverseFundsTransactions POST` but according to documentation

originalDataElements#transmissionDateTime
Required

dateTime | YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss
This field must contain the transmissionDateTime from the original AFT

this field is required. Does it mean that `transmissionDateTime` is used togeather  with systemsTraceAuditNumber for finding Original Transaction and  really systemsTraceAuditNumber  shouldn't be unique globally but should be for the particular time?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: About systemsTraceAuditNumber

Hey Alexey!

Working on getting you the answer - standby! 

Let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Cheers, 

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Alexey,

Answers below: 

Q: As I see really It is not required from "systemsTraceAuditNumber" to be unique globally. At least when i submitted MultiPullPostTransactionPOST with 2 equal "systemsTraceAuditNumber" - it works well. Is it correct or it is just behaviour of sandbox and really this `id` should be unique in context of my application?

A: systemTraceAuditNumber must be unique globally in client application.  It is the current limitation of Sandbox which does not reject the transactions with same systemTraceAuditNumber.  (This may be improved, e.g. by Integrated Sandbox)

Does it mean that `transmissionDateTime` is used togeather withsystemsTraceAuditNumber for finding Original Transaction and really systemsTraceAuditNumber  shouldn't be unique globally but should be for the particular time?

A: I think you may mean AFT transaction as you are mentioning “MultiReverseFundsTransactions POST”.  If you use the MultiPullFundsTransactions POST (e.g. AFT transaction) with a few cards (e.g. Citibank, Bank of America) to fund an Original Credit Transaction (OCT) , you may get different “transmissionDateTime” of cars from different banks in the MultiPullFundsTransactions response.  This field “transactionDateTime” of the AFT transaction response is used with systemTraceAuditNumber for locating the AFT transaction which is required to be cancelled if the OCT transaction failed.

Hope this helps!

-Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
AlexeyOrlenko
Helper

Hello Ricardo 
A: systemTraceAuditNumber must be unique globally in client application. 

Does it mean that application can have just 999999 transactions?

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Alexey, 

The systemTraceAuditNumber is a VIP defined field and is max 6 digits.

So yes, the max value that can be passed in 999999.

AlexeyOrlenko
Helper

FYI

STAN – SystemTraceAuditNumber –   STAN, RRN (Retrieval Reference), Acquiring BIN combination needs to be unique in a 24 hour period.  Conversely, if the Originator wants  to resubmit a transaction, they need to make sure that the STAN, RRN and Acquiring BIN is the same. We are reviewing the internal logic a bit from an API perspective around how much validation do we need to do for duplication etc. We can chat more and share more details