mVisa -Generate a certificate chain from a trusted CA

Solved! Go to solution
rubailly
Helper

mVisa -Generate a certificate chain from a trusted CA

hello community,

We are implementing mVisa and have been asked to generate a certificate chain from a trusted CA to setup Mutual SSL Authentication.

My question is: how and where do we get this certificates? -Do we have to purchase the certificates through services like GlobalSign or digicert?

The requirements specifies that, the certificates should be from a trusted CA, so we can't use services like keytool or keystore.

Thank you-

4 REPLIES 4
Sanobar
Frequent Helper

Re: mVisa -Generate a certificate chain from a trusted CA

Hello,

Please follow the steps in the “Get Started” link below to register and create a Visa Developer application.

https://developer.visa.com/vdpguide#get-started-overview

This guide walks you through the key steps for application creation, credentials, and connection validation.

If you are ready after testing your App in sandbox, send us production request and we will evaluate your App and other credential. 

Please let us know of any other questions.

Thanks

Sanobar

rubailly
Helper

Thank you Sanobar! ..I went through the steps and have generated the ceritificates but I'm not sure if they are the ones they requested for. Attached is a screenshot of my dashobard after generating the certificates (...I got a .pem file -VDPCA-SBX.pem)

The other screenshot shows an example of certificate that I was asked to provide (...it is a file with .cer extension)

Sanobar
Frequent Helper

Hello,

These certificate looks good, were you able to perform testing? 

Please let us know if you have any other question.

Thanks

Sanobar

rubailly
Helper

Thanks @Sanobar! ..everything is working and I was able to do the testing.