Interchange Verification

selkins
Regular Visitor

Interchange Verification

The company I work for spends a lot of time analyzing credit card processing statements. One thing we check for is if the interchange rates the processor is charging the merchant are the true interchange rates or if the processor is inflating them. Currently, we do this manually by checking the interchange rates in the statement against the interchange rates that are periodically published by the different card brands.

My question is this: would there be a way to automate this process via APIs or any alternate methods? Basically, we want to compare the rates that are on the statement against VISA database of their true interchange rates and be notified of any discrepancies.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Visa_Dev_Team
Community Manager

Re: Interchange Verification

Thanks for sharing your use-case. Looping in our solution architect @nikhil_visa who will be able to help. Nikhil any thoughts on @selkins question?

selkins
Regular Visitor

@nikhil_visa can you help me with this question?

nikhil_visa
Visa Solution Architect

Hi @selkins 
We are currently researching if we have a solution for your use case. We should have additional feedback for you next week. 
Thank you for reaching out to us

nikhil_visa
Visa Solution Architect

@selkins The Interchange rates are currently not available via an API on VDP today. At the moment, there are no plans to offer the same as an API.