We have mobile app on which we have enabled NFC device reading , Please let us know how to use it to make the payment on VISA Enabled POS Terminals.
Do we need to push the details to the POS Terminal using NFC or Do we need to pull the merchant details and make the payment using App.
Please kindly suggest us the steps.
Great to hear that you're interested in NFC payments for POS terminals. Regarding your questions, I'll take a look and get back to you soon!
In your consumer app, where the NFC feature is enabled in the device. The consumer initiates a payment by tapping an NFC device at the merchant site. The App will initiate a push payment request presenting the token key and payment details(acquirer account, payment amount) to VTS. The VTS will check the eligibility with Issuer(Consumer Bank) and if approved, initiates the payment transfer to the acquirer bank account. Upon successful response from the acquirer, the merchant is notified by Visa and also the consumer is notified. The API for NFC Payment is similar to mobilepushpayment API in mVisa.
@Diana, Please correct me if my flow mentioned above is incorrect.
I'll take a look and get back you soon.
For your kind review on the below identified steps for NFC Payment at POS Terminals Using VTS:
1. Cardholder selects the token requestor payment functionality to pay for an online purchase, selecting a card account that has previously been tokenized.
2. Token requestor submits a request to VTS for a token cryptogram payload.
3. Visa generates the issuer keys used to create the token cryptograms.
4. Token requestor receives the token payload from VTS.
5. Merchant populates the payment authorization sent by its acquirer to Visa.
6. VTS performs detokenization and forwards the payment authorization to the issuer.
Note: Basic issuers do not receive any token data or indicators. The transaction authorization only contains the underlying PAN data.
7. Issuer authorizes the PAN-based payment and Visa forwards the result to the merchant through the token requestor’s acquirer.
The above steps are referred to Visa documentation for VTS implementation.
My apologies for the delay. We're currently reviewing your flow and I'll get back to you with an answer soon.
Regarding your forum question, with network tokenization, Visa handles Visa branded cards. Mastercard will have it's own token vault and service that I think functions in a manner similar to Visa Token Service, but it is not handled by us (Visa), and their restrictions do not apply to Visa.
Regarding your original question about the NFC reader, I see the customer responding with the transaction flow, which does seem to describe a retail checkout process.