Re: /keys are okay, /tokens are broken (TOKENIZATION_ERROR)

Solved! Go to solution
mr_luc
Regular Visitor

/keys are okay, /tokens are broken (TOKENIZATION_ERROR)

Hi Visa,

I have an issue with getting your tokenization API (at link [1], below) to work.

What's working:

• I created an App (and a pair of CyberSource logins for merchant and account as part of this).
  • I used the API key and the shared secret from the App to create X-Pay Tokens for messages. Yay!
  • I have successfully gotten back a Key from that endpoint, to be used in token creation. Huzzah!
  • I am sending valid test card data to be tokenized at the tokenization endpoint, which does not cause any of the validation errors that are triggered by a missing key or similar. Fantastic!

However, creating a token from a credit card is not working, 36 hours after I first became blocked. I am still encountering the error (referenced in [2], below) as follows.

{ responseStatus: 
           { status: 403,
             reason: 'TOKENIZATION_ERROR',
             message: 'Tokenization provider error: Recurring Billing or 
Secure Storage service is not enabled for the merchant',                
             correlationId: null,
             details: [] },
          _links: { self: null, documentation: [], next: [] } }

I filed a ticket with CyberSource support, but that *really* did not work, as they said "we turned on Tokenization" and nothing has changed. (I had already turned this on, at CyberSource > Tools & Settings > Secure Acceptance Profile > General Settings > Added Value Services > Payment Tokenization, which was of course the logical place for it ...)

I continue to experience the same error. Do you have any ideas about what the problem might be?

---

[1] https://developer.visa.com/products/cybersource/reference#cybersource__cybersource_flex_api__v1__gen...

[2] https://community.developer.visa.com/t5/Getting-Started-with-Visa/Recurring-Billing-or-Secure-Storag...

3 REPLIES 3
Sanobar
Frequent Helper

Hi,

Can you please share your email with which you are registered on our Visa Developers Portal? I want to check the status of the APPs you are creating and logs to investigate this error.

I see that CorrelationID is missing in the screen shots you have shared. If you can provide that, it will be very helpful in our investigation and debugging.

Thanks

Sanobar

mr_luc
Regular Visitor

Thank you for reaching out Sanobar. How can I send you a PM? It's not apparent.

CyberSource tried again after I let them know that it hadn't worked, and now our code is tokenizing successfully. I'll mark this as resolved.

However, a note -- both that error and others (incompatible cardType/cardNumber) return 'correlationId: null' pretty consistently for us.

Sanobar
Frequent Helper

Hi,

json http request and response (complete request and response with header values) must have Correlation ID.