API use for P2P VISA CONSUMER ACCOUNT

amortensen
Regular Visitor

API use for P2P VISA CONSUMER ACCOUNT

Is it possible to issue a push request using the funding source as a VISA consumer network card and have the deposit source also be a VISA network card that is done in real-time/on-demand without having a deposit account/bank in the middle of the transaction? Creating a true P2P VISA transaction? If so is this possible outside of the VISA Direct API?

3 REPLIES 3
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Re: API use for P2P VISA CONSUMER ACCOUNT

Hello @amortensen

I know Visa Direct has this functioanlity but i cannot confirm if it is possible outside of Visa Direct. I am still looking around for documentation if it is possible, I will get back to you soon. 

Thank you,

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
amortensen
Regular Visitor

Ok looking forward to hearing from you. 

mickeyrockson

Visa is to provide bank card issuers with an API to enable customers to set spending controls, receive transaction alerts and temporarily suspend their accounts with an on/off feature.

The API, available through the company’s recently launched Visa Developer platform, will enable banks to provide cardholders with a range of customised control features either over the Web or via the user's mobile device.