Alerts API - supported contact types

powdernine
Regular Visitor

Alerts API - supported contact types

The Alerts API guide mentions that the alert engine can send the cardholder a message via SMS, Email, mobile application or "the client's website". We would like to send messages to our users directly instead of having Visa send them for us. The "client's website" options seems like Visa may be able to send the alert to our website and we can process it and deliver it to the user. The documentation only mentions "SMS", "Email" and "Push" as valid contact methods.

Does the API support delivering an alert to a web service hosted by us?

If so how would I use the API to configure the alert delivery that way?

Thanks for any insight you can provide

4 REPLIES 4
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: Alerts API - supported contact types

Hi Powdernine,

Visa alerts is currently available for Issuing banks. Are you developing on behalf of issuers?

https://developer.visa.com/products/vta

Hope this helps!

-Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
powdernine
Regular Visitor

Ricardo,

Yes, I work for an issuer and I am evaluating the alerts API for potential implementation.

Thanks

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there, 

This functionality is actually in the works to be released soon. 

Feel free to email me directly at visadeveloper@visa.com for more details. 

Thanks!

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
PedroGabriel
Regular Visitor

Hello Ricardo,

I'm trying to archive the same results but I'm not working with a bank. Do you know when I will be able to do the same thing?

I wanted to get notified when someone that registered their credit card on my website uses his credit card (to give him points)

Currently, is that possible? I will be at some point?

Thanks for your attention.