Is it possible to check that a card actually belongs to a person?

andropol
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to check that a card actually belongs to a person?

Hi,

Is there a capability to check that a given cardholder name and a given card number correspond to each other? I.e. this exact cardholder name is written on that particular card? 

Alternatively, is there a way to fetch cardholder name by a card number? Or are there other features which may help validate cardholder identity?

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: Is it possible to check that a card actually belongs to a person?

Hi Andrew,
That's a good question. Have you looked at Visa Checkout APIs?

It uses multiple layers of security and accepts most major credit cards or debit cards so customers can checkout easily and securely.

Check out the APIs: https://developer.visa.com/products/visa_checkout

Does this help?

-Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Andrew,

Find what you were looking for?

Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you!

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
andropol
Regular Visitor

Hi Ricardo, Thanks for your assistance. I checked out that Visa Checkout stuff but didn't find the capability I'm looking for ) Our use-case is the following. We are a financial organization and we actually send money to our clients bank accounts via their bank cards. And at this point we'd like to make sure that the card belongs to our registered client, i.e. it's not smb else stole client's credentials or personal data and want us to send money to some different bank card, which actually does not belong to our client. Is there any API that may help i this case?