Re: Can't create my first application on dashboard - 504 gateway tiemout

Solved! Go to solution
ajoe16
Helper

Can't create my first application on dashboard - 504 gateway tiemout

Hi,

I'm trying to create my first application but it fails each time.
How I process:
1. On my Dashboard, I click on "Create your first application"
2. I fill the app title and description. I check my desired API. I check "Generate a CSR for me (default)" (made some changes on it first). Then I click on "Create Application".
3. The loading screen (white background with blue square) starts, and lasts for 2 minutes, then I get the dashboard again without any application under "My Apps" list. Normally I should get a file to download, but nothing happened.

I tested this on: Chrome on Windows, Firefox on Windows, Chrome on Mac. And I get the same result each time.

It looks like a 504 Gateway Timeout error.
This is the body of the response:
"Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.5e933554.1477738011.490741d5"

I tried to deliver my issue using "Contact us" but the "Submit" button does not work.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
4 REPLIES 4
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I have tested it on my end and am not getting this in return. I am checking up on why this happened. 

-Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ajoe16
Helper

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I'm still experiencing the same issue with the Visa Direct application and the Mobile Location Confirmation Application. And apparently, it's the same issue as the one explained in this issue. But I've been able to create the Cybersource application. Maybe, the issue is related to the private key download. Actually I shared this information with the VISA Developer Team (developer@visa.com), and they are working on it. And I wanted to share it with you.

I remain at your disposal for any information needed to troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.

ajoe

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Sounds good, they will handle it. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

-Ricardo 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ajoe16
Helper

Thank you Ricardo.

Good news! Today I've been able to create a Visa Direct application, and I think I figured out why it didn't work. Actually the first time I tried to create a project, I changed the default values of the "Certificate Signing Request" (checked Generate a CSR for me). The default value that was entered in the "Name" field was my "firstname". I changed it to "firstname lastname" with a space between my first name and my last name. Then I submitted the form without getting any validation form error. Today I restored the value of the name field to its default value (without space), and it did work: the application was created successfully.
I think the issue was caused by the form validation script that didn't check the space within the name field the first time. But now it's fixed, because when I tried to add a space again in the name field, I got the error "Name field can have only alphaNumeric values.".

Thank you again for your support.

ajo16