Re: How do I get a BIN

Solved! Go to solution
DB
Regular Visitor

How do I get a BIN

Hi, I am interested in developing integration with the Visa Direct API. I notice that the endpoints require a field "acquiringBIN" which I believe is something I must first acquire. Does this mean I have to be a registered financial institution to use the Visa Direct API? If not, how do register to get a BIN to use with this API?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there,

You can obtain a test Acquiring BIN on your Application Dashboard for use in sandbox testing, but you will need to work with an acquiring bank to get actual BIN for transaction settlement.

Does this help?

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
DB
Regular Visitor

Yes thanks that's helpful. Is this something that banks normally charge for?

ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Sponsoring banks control the entire BIN Sponsorship process.  From what Visa knows, in that process, banks can sometimes require specific documents or other business case requirements in order to sponsor you, it is all up to the bank.  We encourage you to connect with a bank to know more about their on-boarding process as each bank does these things differently.

Thanks!

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.