Re: How to set up Offers of VOP?

Solved! Go to solution
Xiaoqing
Helper

How to set up Offers of VOP?

Hi, VisaDeveloper:

I am a Chinese developer. My company want to implement an APP which has these functions:

1. Allow the user to enter/store credit card or debit card details.
Validate if the card entry is correct. Don’t allow incorrect numbers to be registered. Credit Card authentication required here.

2. When the credit card is used by the user to purchase something online in the web or offline in a shop, the app should receive a notification of his transaction.

As a result of the discussion, we plan to use the VOP API to achieve these functions.We want to use the Customer API of Enroll Customers for function one and Merchant API to Activate Offers for function two. Don't know whether this idea is correct?

If it is right, how the offer should be setted for VOP if we want to implement this function: no matter how much money of the card is spent by the user to purchase something online or offline, the app should receive a notification of his transaction. How parameters of the Save Offer API should be set up ?

As the Guide mentioned: Setting offers for VOP is only available through VOP offer creation UI. Currently, the SaveOffer API available under Documentation is a Beta version and will be deprecated soon. Where is the VOP offer creation UI ?

Online waiting for the answer! thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi there, 

Answers below:

1. Allow the user to enter/store credit card or debit card details.
Validate if the card entry is correct. Don’t allow incorrect numbers to be registered. Credit Card authentication required here.

A: Payment account validation can be used for this purpose. But you cannot just validate PAN number alone. This will create fraud issues.

2. When the credit card is used by the user to purchase something online in the web or offline in a shop, the app should receive a notification of his transaction.

A: VOP can be used for this purpose

As a result of the discussion, we plan to use the VOP API to achieve these functions.We want to use the Customer API of Enroll Customers for function one and Merchant API to Activate Offers for function two. Don't know whether this idea is correct?

Yes. This will work. Please read through the guide and understand

If it is right, how the offer should be setted for VOP if we want to implement this function: no matter how much money of the card is spent by the user to purchase something online or offline, the app should receive a notification of his transaction. How parameters of the Save Offer API should be set up

In the notification that you receive all the information is present. Look at the notification part of the guide section. Once you receive the attrabutes in the notification, you will know which transaction it is and then you can call save offer activation to provide the benefits.

As the Guide mentioned: Setting offers for VOP is only available through VOP offer creation UI. Currently, the SaveOffer API available under Documentation is a Beta version and will be deprecated soon. Where is the VOP offer creation UI ?

For sandbox testing you don’t need to create offer. You need to assume offer is there and transaction matched. Then you trigger a call back for yourself (We are building a way to trigger a callback Payload from sandbox). In production we will provide access to the UI where you will create offers.

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Xiaoqing
Helper

thanks for your answer, it's clear now.
Another question, if I want to query the transaction history of card which I enrolled above int the first step, What API should I use? I seem havn't find the right one.

Sanobar
Frequent Helper

We have Visa Consumer Transaction Control APIs, which can serve the purpose. However, that is only open for Issuer Banks. 

Thanks

Sanobar

Xiaoqing
Helper

thanks, we are not issure.We have to figure out it in another way.

Xiaoqing
Helper

sorry, ricardo:

I'm still confused with this question. The biggest confusion is whether I need to set up offer and activite offer if I just want implement this function: no matter how much money of the card is spent by the user to purchase something online or offline, we receive a notification of his transaction.

The document mentioned that below:

2DC0BAE4D187D2020166EDE44ED52285.png

The first sentence means there is no relevance between receiving a notification of his transaction and set up offer.

But We also see this:

C4863EDB-0CE9-4046-B4AE-79A148A3A2D1.png
It means that a transaction must qualify one or more offer.
So it is confused. Can you take an example to us about what is offer and what's the relevance between receiving a notification of his transaction and set up offer.

On dashboard, is the Callback Configurations receiving the notification of his transaction ?

thanks! May not be used to read English document, so trouble.