Re: Is posible to do a pre-authorization amount and then charge the real amount.

Lkoy
Regular Visitor

Is posible to do a pre-authorization amount and then charge the real amount.

Hello, my question is about the mobile sdk. We are using the VisaPurchaseInfo and in the init we need a VisaCurrencyAmount with an amount, if we are doing a payment, like in a gas station to put fuel, but we don't know the final amount. There are any posibility to do a pre-authorization with an amount and when the transaction finished charge the real amount of money? Like in apple pay, they do a pre-autorization and block a quantity of money in your account and then charge only the amount that you really spend.

5 REPLIES 5
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Re: Is posible to do a pre-authorization amount and then charge the real amount.

Hi Lkoy, 

Thank you for your inquiry. Please check our website for specific APIs relevant to your business case https://developer.visa.com/. In particular, please review Preauthorized Payment Cancellation Service that can fit your business needs - https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/ppcs/docs. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav  

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Lkoy
Regular Visitor

If i understand well, withThe Preauthorized Payment Cancellation Service allow the users to cancell a transaction, but how this will help me?? because i need that the merchant can change the amount if is less than the one preauthorized is posible that??

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi, 

I see what you are seeking for. But before i can guide to the right API, can you please provide me some information on which product (mobile SDK) are you using? Also, please let us know if you have a relationship with Visa or not and are you an acquirer, issuer, or processor? 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Lkoy
Regular Visitor

I am using the VisaCheckoutSDK 5.5.2 for iOS, I have not relationship with visa and I am the issuer.

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hi Lkoy, 

Thank you for the update. We have a team that manages questions specific to Visa Checkout. Can you please reach out to us at Developer@visa.com and we will direct you to the right team. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav