Reconciling transaction data

Solved! Go to solution
Antony23
Regular Visitor

Reconciling transaction data

Dear all,

I'm looking for a way to reconcile a payment made at a Merchant with Visa's transaction data. Essentially, I have a Merchant ID and a Transaction ID from a customer's payment, and I would like to lookup that transaction with Visa and return all transactions associated with that same customer/payment card. 

There is no need for personal identifiable customer information (if that helps) and so I've been looking at the Card Account Services and Visa Token Service API's to see if this is possible. 

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction or tell me a better way to achieve this?

Note: Regional availability will need to be in the UK

Thank you in advance for your help!

Antony

1 REPLY 1
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Re: Reconciling transaction data

Hello @Antony23

Per the use case you have provided Visa Business Data Solutions seems to be a better fit. 

Visa Business Data Solutions - provides a faster and more efficient way for participating issuers and their commercial clients to pull their commercial transaction data and make strategic decisions based on data-driven insights. Current APIs provide access to transaction and enhanced data along with Supplier data via different data groupings. 

Visa Token Services (VTS), a new security technology from Visa, replaces sensitive account information, such as a 16-digit Primary Account Number (PAN), with a unique digital identifier called a token. Tokenization protects card data by substituting a card's PAN with a unique, randomly-generated sequence of numbers. The generated number is the same length and format as the original PAN. Therefore, it is no different from a standard payment card number in the virtual eyes of back-end transaction processing systems, applications, and databases. Using a token instead of a PAN at the point of sale allows payments to be processed without exposing actual account details that could potentially be compromised.

Availability:

Visa Business Data Solutions - Available in UK

Visa Token Service - Not Available in UK (https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/vts/docs#availability

VBDS & VTS are both restricted products and if you need access to the products, we will need additional information from you. 

To request access, please reach out to me at Developer@visa.com and I will send set of questions for which we would need information. 

Note: Access is not guaranteed

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.