Visa Checkout API

travisR004
Regular Visitor

Visa Checkout API

I am trying to use the Update Payment Infromation API, in an attempt to change the total.

I'm calling this and getting a successful response (although the response is an empty object).

However, when I then I use the Get Payment Data API the results show the old total. Does this mean the update is not happening properly?

The use case for this is:
-user enters visa checkout credentials for a certain total
-user then updates shipping method and the total changes

It seems like I would then need to update the payment data, so when the charge is processed (ultimately by Wirecard (asia)), the correct amount is charged.

Am I approaching this correctly?

**Posting this here because the 'contact us' form is just returning bad requests**

3 REPLIES 3
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Re: Visa Checkout API

Hi Travis,

Sorry to hear this. Standby, I am working on looking into this and will have an answer to you shortly.

Thank you,

Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
ricardo_visa
Community Scholar

Hi Travis,

Found the issue - the “Update Payment Information API” cannot be used to update the transaction amount or other transaction details. It is used only to update vco with the status of the checkout transaction.

There is a different API “updateIntent” to set the transaction total. This is usually invoked only once via the UI screens(behind the checkout widget). Once this is done the transaction total cannot be changed anymore.

The Checkout product as it currently stands does not have the capability to perform multiple “updateIntents” per checkout session.

Does this help?

-Ricardo

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
travisR004
Regular Visitor

This is a ton of help! Thanks Ricardo.

When working in a sandbox account with our payment gateway, it seems to process the charge just fine (there is no dashboard by which I can actually verfiy this though).

Could the gateway doing something behind the scenes that actually updates the transaction total? Would visa checkout return them an error response if the charge was initialized at $100, but charged at $105 because of a $5 delivery fee?

Thanks,

Travis