I am building a mobile app which requires following 2 features:
1) Abiity for use to register a VISA card.
2) Once registered, my application should be able to retrieve all transactions that may have occurred on that card.
For thsi I am thinking, I can use Visa.me digital wallet for requirement 1 above.
I have seen two APIs and wonder if someone call tell me if they will satisfy my requirement-2 above?
1) Payments Search API within the Cybersource Payments - Will I be able to search for all transactions based on the card token (from the Visa.Me wallet)
2) Notification API within the Visa Transaction Alert - Wil I be able to receive notfiication when a transaction happens on any registered card?
Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks for the question. I am working with the team to find the right person to answer your question. I will try my best to get back to you within two business days.
1) Payments Search API within the Cybersource Payments - Will I be able to search for all transactions based on the card token (from the Visa.Me wallet) Visa.Me is a Visa Digital Commerce API not offered through Visa Developer. However have you looked at how Visa Checkout could help?
Here is a link: https://developer.visa.com/products/visa_checkout
2) Notification API within the Visa Transaction Alert - Wil I be able to receive notfiication when a transaction happens on any registered card? Can you explain your use case here a bit more? Are you an issuer?
Thanks for your response.
I am not an issuer and below is description of my use case.
I am building a micro-donation charity app, where a user can round up their transactions to pound and pay to their chosen charity. So as part of registration journey, they will register their card/s and whenever a transaction happens on that card, our app will round it up and pay it to their chosen charity. Hence I want an ability for user to store card in wallet (as we are not PCI-DSS and hence wouldnt want to hold card details). Once the cards are registered with wallet, we would like to query wallet to find out if any transactions happened on that card, so we can round it up and pay to charity.
Does that explaination help? Would it be possible to have a quick chat, so I can explain our requirement?
Sure! Email me @ email@example.com -Ricardo
ricardo_visa is it possible to share detailed information with me as well on this topic?
As I'd like to do something similar within my app
1) Abiity for uses to register a VISA card (same as Sachin)
2) Once registered, my application should be able to pull transactions of certain category types (Restaurant & Uber/Lyft) including transaction amount.
Can you explain your use case in a bit more detail?
Ricardo here is the concept as we have changed our strategy a bit since I posted on that thread. Please direct me on the api's to use.
In basic terms we are a P2P money transfering service. The money transactions are contributed in $5, 7, 10, and $20 increments. Users essentially setup a registry of the type of credit contributions they want to receive. Their community gifts a certain dollar amount.
We assumed we Visa Direct and Visa Checkout w/ Apple Pay could handle these services. Because it looks as if Visa Direct allows users to link only their Visa Credit/debit card and funds and be pushed or pulled automatically.
And it also looks like that same user can recieve contributions from any other payment type.
You can see the basic flow in the images.
1) user links Visa Card to send or receive credits ($ contributions)
2) People contributing select the number of credits they'd like to contribute
3) Checkout in app with apple pay.
4) We also need ability for non app users to be able to contribute through a web based checkout if they don't have our app.