Re: QR-payments on the Internet

Solved! Go to solution
Ketov
Helper

QR-payments on the Internet

Dear community, 

I'm seeking for a fast and safe solution for QR-payments on the Internet. We have software online shop and we want to start using QR-based payments for simplifying user efforts while buing our products.

The scenario 1: 
1 We show user in our web shop QR code (static or dynamic ???) just below our product 
2 User pays using mobile phone app
3 We receive payment notification and allow user to download a secure product Key

The questions: 

While user paying QR code using mobile app how web-shop opened in PC can be notified that payment is complted?
How webshop can recognize exact user who did QR payment uisng mobile phone?   

Can we put some infromaton about user into QR code i.e. - email or userID in webshop?

Best regards, 
Eugene

10 REPLIES 10
vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Ketov

The consumer initiates a payment by scanning a QR code at the merchant site, tapping an NFC device, or key entering the merchant and transaction details into their mVisa-enabled feature phone or mVisa smart phone application. The consumer's issuer then uses the mVisa API to submit a push payment transaction into Visa that will transfer the payment amount from the consumer's Visa card to the merchant's Visa card. When the push payment is received by the merchant's issuer (acquirer), the merchant is notified that the amount of the payment has been deposited into their Visa account. When the merchant issuer sends the approved authorization for the push payment back to Visa, the consumer's issuer notifies them via the mVisa application that the transaction is complete.

The mVisa API includes several additional fields that are not used for non-mVisa push payments and (depending on the use case) excludes some fields that are normally present in a Funds Transfer API push payment. You can find the technical specifications for the mVisa API on the API Reference link.

mVisa applications typically support one or more of four basic use cases: person-to-person transfers, payments to merchants, cash in (deposit to a Visa card via an agent), and cash out (withdrawal from a Visa card via an agent). For person-to-person transfers, you should use the standard Funds Transfer API push payment operations. For merchant payments, cash in, and cash out, you should use the mVisa API.

Please let me know if this the information you were looking for or feel free to ask additional questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Ketov
Helper

Dear Vaibhav,  Thak you for the quick response. I still have few unclear points.

I have a webshop. I want to set a QR against each item in catalogue and instead of routing user to payamnt page - allow user to pay by scanning QR in mobile app. Should this scenario work?

If yes, I assume I need to put some information about user into QR, to understand that this specific payment from this particular user, right?

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Ketov

That would work but it would be better to only generate the QR on checkout to accommodate clients who might want to buy multiple items (it would be a bad user experience for the user to keep scanning the things he wants, individually)

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

Was your question answered? Don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution" to help other devs find the answer to the same question.
Ketov
Helper

Thnak you.

Eugene

6zayn
Regular Visitor

It's better to only generate the QR on checkout to accommodate clients who might want to buy multiple items.

Regards,

Zayn.

Ketov
Helper

Dear 6zayn

Thank you!

One important question - which information should be coded in QR code as MUST then? 
I sell software in webshop - may I somehow pick and then code user ID or Email into QR?
How does my webshop then receive infromation about successfull paement?  

Eugene 

Ketov
Helper

Dear community, 
Any help on this? 

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Ketov

I am working on your request, I will get back to you soon. 

Thank you, 

Vaibhav 

vkamboj
Community Moderator

Hello @Ketov

As for the QR inquiry, couple of things here:

• As a merchant you should work with an acquiring bank.
  • Tag 62 in the QR specs supports adding new/other fields like user ID or Email into QR. The merchant can include the desired subtags there
  • The acquirer will set you up on their system and share the QR with the merchant.
  • Also, the acquirer can integrate you to support dynamic QRs

Thank you, 

Vaibhav